Essential Control of your MIDI Software and Hardware
The Q-series USB/MIDI controllers from Alesis are the no-nonsense way to add expressive MIDI control to your production and performance. Each controller features USB-MIDI for easy connection to Mac, PC, iOS devices*, and traditional MIDI jacks for connecting to MIDI sound modules, synthesizers, samplers, and more.
The Q61 is a 61-note keyboard controller that works with virtually any music software and MIDI hardware devices. With 61 touch-sensitive keys, the Q61 gives you a five-octave range of expression in a sleek, portable controller, built for the studio or stage. A full array of essential controls is onboard, including pitch and modulation wheels, octave up and down buttons, an assignable data slider, and the ability to send program changes from the keys.
The Q61’s array of assignable controls work with virtually all music software and MIDI hardware devices. Whether you’re looking to fire drum samples, tweak a software synthesizer or adjust individual tracks in a mix, the Q61’s extensive layout ensures appropriate feel and proper response with its eight sliders and rotary knobs, four backlit drum pads and dedicated transport controls.
The Q61 is the perfect choice for controlling hardware MIDI devices. Its compact size and portability make it ideal for fitting into existing rigs and then hitting the road. Place it a tier above an existing workstation keyboard and utilize Q61’s streamlined layout to maximize your sound and performance options. You can even send Program Changes from the Q61’s keys to change programs, patches, and more.
The Q61 comes with Ableton’s Live Lite and AIR Music Tech’s Xpand!2 software so you can perform, record and sequence music right out of the box. You’ll get audio recording and production capabilities as well as powerful tools for live performance.
- > 61-key keyboard controller for use with virtually any music software or MIDI device
- > Velocity sensitive keys for expressive, musical performance
- > USB MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac, PC, and iOS devices* as well as MIDI hardware
- > Pitch and Modulation wheels for increased musical expression
- > Backlit Octave Up and Down buttons enable expanded musical range
- > Assignable volume/data-entry slider enables you to control your most-used parameter
- > Sustain pedal input for complete performance (pedal sold separately)
- > Production package included: Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, and Ableton Live Lite Software
- > Bus powered via USB: no power cable needed
- > This product is class compliant; it does not require drivers
*Connection to iOS devices requires an Apple USB adapter, sold separately as part of the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, plus a separate power adapter for Q61, also sold separately.
- MIDI Outputs: one 5-pin jack
- USB: One slave connector (MIDI over USB)
- Power: USB bus powered