The G1on offers 100 guitar effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb, and amp models.
Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. There’s an onboard chromatic tuner that supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings, and a Looper feature that allows you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes (up to 64 beats), and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantization that ensures seamless start and end times.
Programming is simple and straightforward, thanks to a streamlined user interface and large backlit LCD screen. Advanced editing features such as Swap, Auto Save, and Pre Select make it easy to organize your patches for live performance and allow you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational.
The G1on allows you to choose from 100 different onboard DSP effects. For ease of use, these are organized into the following categories:
Dynamics / Filter
Eleven different ways to shape and control your sound with compressors, noise gates, filters, equalizers, and wah effects. Emulate the classic tone of the MXR Dynacomp, dbx 160, Moog Filter, or Z. Vex Seek-Wah, or create all-new effects using the automatic Slow Attack, parametric equalizer, or six-band graphic EQ. Or choose Zoom’s unique Noise Reduction (ZNR) algorithm, designed to remove noise during pauses while still maintaining your guitar’s natural tone.
Overdrive / Distortion
Twelve of the best boosters, overdrives, fuzzes, and lead guitar sounds you’ve ever heard, including simulations of the BOSS OD-1, MXR Distortion+, Marshall Guv’nor, Fuzz Face, Big Muff, and Pro Co Rat. Our ExtremeDS effect offers the most powerful gain of any distortion effect in the world, and there’s also a simulator that allows your electric guitar to sound like an acoustic.
Twenty-two of the most realistic models ever created, including simulations of classic tube and solid-state amps from manufacturers like Fender, Marshall, Hiwatt, Mesa Boogie, Orange, Bogner, Matchless, and Diezel. Our amp sounds are so lifelike, you’ll swear on a stack of speaker cabinets you’re listening to the real thing.
Modulation / Special effects
Round out your sound with your choice of sixteen phasers and flangers, plus chorus, pitch shift, tremolo, and vibrato. Included are emulations of the ADA Flanger, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, and TC Electronic Corona Chorus, as well as the Zoom HPS, an intelligent harmonizer that plays along in key, and a ring modulator that adds bell-like tones to your guitar. And when you’re ready to go after some truly off-the-wall sounds, try out the endlessly rhythmic Slicer.
Delay / Reverb
Fourteen delays and natural-sounding reverbs, including rooms, halls, plates, springs, and tape delay simulators, all designed to add depth and spaciousness to your sound, with delay times of up to 4 seconds. You’ll even find reverse delays, modulated reverbs, and particle reverbs here—everything you need to place your guitar in a realistic space … or a totally unearthly one.
NOTE: Manufacturer names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The names are used only to illustrate sonic characteristics and do not indicate any affiliation with the Zoom Corporation or Zoom North America.
- 100 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay, and reverb
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
- Swap function makes patch organization a breeze
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Pre Select function allows silent patch selection while keeping the current patch operational
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
- Auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
- Lightweight and small enough to fit in your gig bag
- Easily integrated into any existing pedal board
- Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
- USB port for firmware updates
- Optional AC adapter