Vocal microphone provides a brightened midrange and bass roll-off with frequency response to control proximity effect, a steel mesh grille for durability, a shock mount for low unwanted noise, and a neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio.
Shure Beta 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone at a Glance
- Tuned for great live vocal performance
- Industry-standard dependability
- Supercardioid polar pattern is excellent at rejecting feedback
Tuned for great live vocal performance
Singers will love this mic, plain and simple. The high-output Beta 58A has a natural presence boost at 4kHz and 9kHz. This shaped frequency response is ideal for close-up vocals, bringing out the clarity needed for cutting through a live mix. And the bass roll off helps control proximity effect, so you have consistent performance from your mic while you focus on yours. The Beta 58’s internal shockmount minimizes handling noise as well. Tailored for vocals, it’s hard to find a better mic out there.
Shure has famously put their microphone designs through some insane punishments to demonstrate their durability and road-worthiness. The Beta 58 is no different. Shure knew when they were designing this mic that the stage and the road can be extremely difficult on gear. Just sounding great isn’t enough. The Beta 58 would have to do it night after night, town after town, and gig after gig. Borrowing from Shure’s rich history of dependability, the Beta 58 gives you just that.
Supercardioid polar pattern is excellent at rejecting feedback
Ok, so you’re on stage, your mic sounds great, and is holding up well on the road. Then all of a sudden your guitar player decides he needs to be twice as loud tonight! No worries. The Shure Beta 58’s supercardioid pickup pattern all but rejects even the loudest peripheral sounds and minimizes feedback like a champ. Maybe that’s why so many live sound engineers rely on them, and love when a performer does as well. But we can’t help you with your guitar player.
Shure Beta 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone
- Super clear live vocal dynamic microphone
- Frequency response tailored for vocals
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform supercardioid pickup pattern minimizes background noise
- Bass roll-off minimizes proximity effect
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Microphone Type:Dynamic
- Polar Pattern:Supercardioid
- Frequency Response:50Hz-16kHz
- Output Impedance:150 ohms
- Color:Dark Grey
- Weight:0.61 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:BETA 58A